The Centre for Archaeology & Ancient History & The Egyptology Society of Victoria
An afternoon of Lectures by Distinguished Authorities on Egyptian Mummies
Professor Salima Ikram, The American University Cairo, and Dr Aidan Dodson, University of Bristol
Saturday 31 July 2010
Programme (1pm to 5:30pm)
* Human Mummies and Mummification (S. Ikram);
* Theban Tomb 320: Priestly Catacomb to Royal Cache (A. Dodson);
* afternoon tea/coffee break;
* Introducing Animal Mummies(S. Ikram);
* The Sacred Animals of Saqqara (A. Dodson).
Venue, Date and Cost:
* Lecture Theatre H125, Building H, Caulfield Campus, Monash University
* Saturday 31st July; 1.00–5.30pm
* Cost: students/pensioners $20; ESV members $35; general public $50
* Bookings essential: Please send payment by cheque (payable to Monash University) or credit card details (Visa/Mastercard), and return address to Sharon Webb,
* School of Philosophical, Historical & International Studies, Building 11, Monash University, Clayton, 3800; or telephone 9905 2164.
* Download flyer here [103kb]
Image of Tutankhamun
The Latest Research on Tutankhamun: help or hindrance?
Centre for Archaeology and Ancient History and The Egyptology Society of Victoria present an illustrated public lecture.
Download flyer [pdf 121kb]
* Date: Friday 26 March 2010
* Time: 8.00pm
* Venue: Monash University Clayton Campus
Building 72, Lecture Theatre E7