A ceramic kiln filled with pottery dating to the Late Minoan IA period (ca. 1500 B.C. ) was constructed in the remains of a former Middle Minoan ( ca. 1700 B.C.) stoa. This is interpreted in a publication from the American School of Classical Studies Athens by A. Van de Moortel, P.M. Day, V. Kilikoglou and Excavation Director / President of the Kommos Conservancy J.W. Shaw.
The publication Hesperia/ supplement 30, will supply much of the content for the eventual interpretive signage at the kiln in a current second or future third phase of Park development. The nonprofit Kommos Conservancy corporation located in Denver Colorado is currently planning and fund raising for phase II conservation and development of the archaeological site into a publicly accessible archaeological park.
For more interesting topics related to archaeology, visit archaeology excavations.